Tuesday, September 13, 2011

There Is A Season...

Summer coming to an end. Fall around the corner. Time for lots of change- leaves turning, cooler weather, longer nights. We, too, go through seasons in our own lives. Maybe there are changes in a relationship in your life, or maybe you're wanting a change in career paths. Change isn't easy. Depending on the type of change, it may not be fun, either.

I write this as I reflect on a time in my life right now where I know God is calling me to make a change in my path. I usually resist change, but I actually have been excited about His call for something different for me. Now, I've been searching to find where God wants me to be. At times, it can be difficult. Being human and always susceptible to mistakes (and I've may QUITE a few), I want to take over and do what I believe to know is right. At least, when I'm in prayer, God says to me, "Hello! I'm the one that supposed to be in control, not you!". Each day, I work on letting Him just take over and guide me to where He knows I will do the best work for His glory.





Impatience also creeps up to me at times. Is it now? Why isn't it now? When is it going to happen? AGGGGHHHH! The human mind starts racing, questioning, not letting it go. This is when I need to focus on Ecclesiastes 3:11-

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart, yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

Are you going through a change of seasons in your life? We may not like it at times, we may fight it, we get antsy for it to happen. All in God's time. He has the plan for us, and it all for good. Not just our good, but His good.

Jeremiah 29:11- For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment