Friday, May 27, 2011

A day to always remember

Yes. It finally happened. My one and only daughter got married last Saturday. As I write these words she is on her honeymoon- and I am trying to adjust to the idea of having a son-in-law. The week before the wedding my son downloaded "Butterfly Kisses" to see if he could make me cry. (it didn't work)

I have to tell you that parts of the celebration were exactly how I imagined it- beautiful gathering of friends, folks, and family from around the country. A hot Atlanta evening. The amazing setting of Piedmont Park. My daughter was beautiful (though even more stunning and beautiful than I imagined she would be). At some level I expected all of that.

There were two things in particular though that did surprise me:

1) How fast it all went by. The week or week and a half leading up to the wedding felt like the fastest roller coaster I had ever ridden. When the day was over it all came to a very abrupt stop. The investments of preparation, prayer, and communication had quickly come and gone. (I am thankful for photos and a video that will help re-live the moments in the future).

2) I sensed an amazing peace- no doubt the answer to many prayers. A quiet confidence and the presence of Jesus. Walking through each step of the day with me- bringing a peace that passed human understanding. I am very grateful to God for making this day one I will remember and be grateful for the rest of my life!

Thanks for praying for the life Jason and Shereen will share together as husband and wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment