Friday, June 10, 2011

My Chains Are Gone...

Yesterday, a friend of mine asked a question that made me stop for a moment to really think. It was in an email to our worship leaders at Community Christian Church in Sharpsburg. Is there a song that really moves you when you sing it while leading worship?

It took me a while to think of one, but one song that really moves me is also a Chris Tomlin song "Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)". The thought that our loving and forgiving God frees us from those chains of sin and guilt. Every time I sing that song, I just get filled with emotion to know that despite all my faults, and all my wrongs, He forgives me and still loves me. I sometimes don't feel deserving of a love like that, but He truly does!

Take a moment to watch and listen to this wonderful song.




What song moves you? Is there a line in a song or hymn that just blows you away? Feel free to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment